The Youth Party, a political party recently registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), is set to conduct its Primary Elections in preparation for the 2019 general elections.
The Party’s National Organising Secretary, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, announced that in conformity with the INEC Guidelines on the conduct of party primaries, the Youth Party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) has issued guidelines for the conduct of the Party’s primaries.
Furthermore, the Schedule for the Party’s Primary Elections is as follows:
- Sale of Forms 20th August – 8th September, 2018
- Screening 5th September – 9th September, 2018
- Appeals 6th September – 10th September, 2018
- State House of Assembly Primaries 2nd October, 2018
- House of Reps. and Senate Primaries 2nd October, 2018
- Governorship Primaries 3rd October, 2018
- Presidential Primary 3rd October, 2018
- Appeals from Primaries 3rd October – 4th October, 2018
The Party has made Nomination and Expression of Interest Forms available at the National Secretariat and State Offices from August 20 – September 1, 2018. The following are the fees:
|S/N||Position||Expression of Interest Form||Nomination Form|
|4.||Member, House of Representatives||N40,000.00||N400,000.00|
|5.||Member, State House of Assembly||N20,000.00||N200,000.00|
|6.||Member, FCT Area Council||N2,500.00||N25,000.00|
Also read Youth Party Primary Election Guidelines by clicking the link below.
Guidelines for Primaries